Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fourm Recommendation

35 REPLIES 35
Message 1 of 36
Lancasterm
230 Views, 35 Replies

Fourm Recommendation

Not sure if this has been requested before or not...

I think its time to have this forum split up into software versions just like AutoCad is. Being new to Inventor there are a lot of discussions/replies happening on many different versions of Inventor. It is time consuming looking through all the postings or searches to see if a given problem has already been addressed. I would even go as far as breaking it down like sheet metal, routed system, and etc.

All in favor, say "I"....

Anyway that's my opinion.

Cheers everyone....
35 REPLIES 35
Message 21 of 36
kstate92
in reply to: Lancasterm

or Joseph Conrad
or even Robert Conrad
KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 22 of 36
Anonymous

Robert Conrad, "knock it off, I dare you". ahahahaha
Message 23 of 36
coviepresb1647

"oh my dog, oh don piano, why i eyes ya"
Message 24 of 36
Anonymous

Do you mean, "Forgive them Father, they know not what they" say? Or is that a Dr. John song?
Message 25 of 36
coviepresb1647

It is a live cat expressing frustration (saw it on youtube). In my case, humourous frustration over Inventor.
Message 26 of 36
kstate92

Let's make this thread official:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark
KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 27 of 36
Anonymous

Thanks for making it fun... that cat is clearly possessed by the spirit of Kurt Vonnegut!
Message 28 of 36
Anonymous

Andrew Faix wrote: "Inventor customers tend to upgrade more quickly than Inventor users"

LOL, so could you explain the difference in the two? Customer vs User
Message 29 of 36
iDS!

...I can__for the most part__search what I need from the "Web" side (Outlook Express is banned) within reasonable time__say 5 min__however "Autodesk" could break it up by more common categories other than by version with the opportunity for us to search all sub-categories...in fact they already have a small group for IV forums as mentioned above...

…if you go to the web side there is an "Autodesk Inventor Groups" with the search box available to seek out your answers in all of the sub categories of IV!

I'm not sure of a good way to break up the subjects but I'd gather AD could run some reports to determine the top 5 most popular subjects to categorize with 🙂

IMHO...start with adding the "environments" with in Inventor (i.e. Part, Assembly, Drawing, Presentation)
Message 30 of 36
Anonymous

In case it wasn't already obvious, this conversation basically academic.

I have absolutely nothing to do with how the NG is structured.

I'm just conveying what I know and I'm confident there are no plans to make
any changes.
--
Andrew Faix
Product Designer
Autodesk Inventor

wrote in message news:5914216@discussion.autodesk.com...
...I can__for the most part__search what I need from the "Web" side (Outlook
Express is banned) within reasonable time__say 5 min__however "Autodesk"
could break it up by more common categories other than by version with the
opportunity for us to search all sub-categories...in fact they already have
a small group for IV forums as mentioned above...

.if you go to the web side there is an "Autodesk Inventor Groups" with the
search box available to seek out your answers in all of the sub categories
of IV!

I'm not sure of a good way to break up the subjects but I'd gather AD could
run some reports to determine the top 5 most popular subjects to categorize
with 🙂

IMHO...start with adding the "environments" with in Inventor (i.e. Part,
Assembly, Drawing, Presentation)
Message 31 of 36
Anonymous

They're used interchangeably 🙂

wrote in message news:5914202@discussion.autodesk.com...
Andrew Faix wrote: "Inventor customers tend to upgrade more quickly than
Inventor users"

LOL, so could you explain the difference in the two? Customer vs User
Message 32 of 36
iDS!

...sorry didn't mean to point you out Andrew...

Autodesk (in general) should really take a look at the power of this forum and adapt to it's ever changing needs...such as this topic...which seemingly re-appears every time a new "loyal" IV user with previous AutoCAD forum experience drifts over and notices this very same issue...

...I am happy with the increased participation with many of these forums...I'm guessing here but I have a hunch AD employees are encouraged to participate...and rightfully so...it can and will become evident this trend of communication is far greater to indirectly and directly educate and evolve the user base with a since of "re-assurance" Autodesk stands behind them...only because their questions are answered must faster and relevant (in most cases) to real world issues which some of us have fully taken advantage of.

The focus/goal for AD lately seems to be doing anything it can to convert it's HUGE user base to the next best thing! ...at least AutoCAD/MDT to Inventor speaking! ...AD knows darn good an well what can happen if they loose that since of comfort each user feels which builds brand loyalty!
Message 33 of 36
hallstevenson

> I believe the reason why its not split is because not nearly as many people would go back
> into previous version sections to help others.

To be completely honest, I wouldn't... I'd stay in the version that I'm currently running and peek in the "newer" release's section.

I *hate* searching for help in the AutoCAD forum. Which do I pick ? Just because I'm running 200x doesn't mean a problem I encounter is unique to that version.
Message 34 of 36
coviepresb1647

Mr. Faix, then who has something to do with how the NG are structured? Message was edited by: coviepresb1647
Message 35 of 36
sugarhouse

As has been stated before, searching in this single forum can be quite time-consuming (did I see that someone said there are over 300K posts??).
I could be wrong, but once you've searched through three pages of results looking for one specific answer, you could have probably just asked your specific question in a new post and gotten a reply. (This way, you can also be getting other work done during the waiting time, rather than spending your precious time reading through hundreds of fruitless posts/replies.) But then maybe people would get sick of answering the same questions over and over again?
Message 36 of 36
coviepresb1647

2 other recommendations:

1. Speed access to the forums. Over the past 2 weeks, it seems that it takes considerably longer to view them.
2. Have "Clear New" on the Watched Topics Index end and redisplay the title instead of running "clear new" with an infinite run time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report