Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force tangency side

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
184 Views, 1 Reply

Force tangency side

I have a soild round, I have a plate, they are tangently constrained like a lower case b, When they solid round moves the plate moves, but guesses the wrong tangent side and ends up a lower case d. 

Can anybody share a way to have it maintain that side when the solid round moves, looking to keep the lower case b.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeanchile
in reply to: Anonymous

When I use the Tangent constraint, I usually have to utilize two other constraints in order to remove all the degrees of freedom. When the other constraints are added, IV usually solves everything the way I need. So... I am going to ask the obvious question here: Have you removed all the degrees of freedom using other constraints and if not, can you do so or use another constraint other than tangent?

Also, because someone is going to come along here and ask for it if I don't, can you create a sample data set that you can attach and diagnose? There may be a better solution or a step that has been missed along the way but without knowing your intent it will be hard to come up with it.

Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report