Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folding in sheet metal

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
safwan
1086 Views, 4 Replies

Folding in sheet metal

Hello guys, 

I am facing aproblem regarding folding in sheet metal. Below I attach the drawing (.ipt) file. Initially I have 1.5 mm in thickness, and I can do folding perfectly. But when I change the thickness to 2 mm, the folding went wrongly. You can refer to the image that I attached. 

Then what I do is I delete all the fold, change the thickness to 2 mm, and redo the fold, but it still went wrong. 

Any pro guys please help me, and thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ped20
in reply to: safwan

Hello,

If i am not wrong, the Hole & small gap resisting for Fold to happen. better you do those holes& that cut after fold creation.

-

Kiran 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
safwan
in reply to: ped20

Hello,

Thanks for replying. I understand that the small gap could be culprit. After I follow your instruction, how to do the folding of the cut area tu go down 90 degrees?

Message 4 of 5
JDMather

Wouldn't it be a lot easier (no calculations) to model in the finished form rather than folding a flat sheet?

Aren't the finished dimensions the controlling dimensions?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
chad38

I'm not sure why you don't model this as a finished, bent part, then make a flat?? Even if all the customer has is a flat to give you, you'd be better off figuring out the formed dims one time because if the part gets revised, much easier to make the modifications.

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report