Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flowdrill hole type

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mooresk257
1624 Views, 2 Replies

Flowdrill hole type

I'm hoping for some suggestions for creating a hole type library for Flowdrill holes & threads. Apparently a way to do this in SW is with an extruded hole and cosmetic thread (I use both INV & SW), which I haven't had a chance to try to put together yet. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: mooresk257

Either iFeature or Punch tool.

I would create as a Punch tool (which is an iFeature) even though the part isn't likely to be sheet metal. 

Toggle to the Sheet Metal environment to place the "Punch" feature just like Hole features and then back to standard modeling environment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

^^ yep what he said..

Some tutorials here

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=11767919&linkID=9242016

http://www.scribd.com/doc/33255694/Autodesk-Inventor-ifeatures-and-Punches

Could be as simple as an extrusion and a hole/cosmetic threads or you could get fancy like in the second tutorial and really model the extrusion like it would be in real life.. But to create a usable library where you simply place a sketch point then hit the punch tool and pick from that library you do it with ifeatures/sheet metal punch tools.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report