Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating Constraints

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
244 Views, 2 Replies

Floating Constraints

When checking constraints in the Sketch mode, selecting Show All Constraints, the constraint list bars are displayed, stacked on top of each other, but I don't want then stacked, so I can not view all of the constraints. So, I move then, until they are aligned with the proper constrained points. When I select Hide All Constraints and then I again select Show All Constraints, there all stacked again. At the same time, the constraints have floated all over the place. Are these constraints undisciplined and questioning my command authority? Is there a procedure to stop these undisciplined constraints from stacking and floating? Thanks, Bob
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

First, I almost never Show All Constraints because I am usually only interested in the constraints on a couple of entities. But if I do then I zoom in as much as possible before displaying. But I can't remember doing a Show All within the past two years until just now.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I also only show constraints of those entities I am actually having issues with. As regards who is in control ..... you only think you have control, your command authority is limited to issuing, there is no assurance of compliance. Bob Johnson wrote: > When checking constraints in the Sketch mode, selecting Show All > Constraints, the constraint list bars are displayed, stacked on top of each > other, but I don't want then stacked, so I can not view all of the > constraints. So, I move then, until they are aligned with the proper > constrained points. When I select Hide All Constraints and then I again > select Show All Constraints, there all stacked again. At the same time, the > constraints have floated all over the place. Are these constraints > undisciplined and questioning my command authority? Is there a procedure to > stop these undisciplined constraints from stacking and floating? Thanks, Bob > > -- Hal Gwin Mechanical Designer Xenogen R9 Pro SP2 XP Pro SP2 Dell Precision 650 Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon 1.5 GB DDR Quadro4 900 XGL nVidia 6.14.10.6176 w/registry update Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report