Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flipping Restraints

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
279 Views, 3 Replies

Flipping Restraints

I was wondering if anyone can provide some guidance on a quick way of correcting the following constraint problem I am having.

I often find with a pin or the like that I have to seat in a hole that if I restrain it with a concentrict restraint to the hole then mate say the head of the pin with the face of the hole I often end up with the pin facing the wrong way.  This is because Inventor recognises the option to constrain the head of the pin to either side of the hole face plane I have selected.  Is there a quick method of flipping this constraint after it is placed?  The only method I have found for fixing this issue so far is to align the pin manually before applying the constraint.  This is more time consuming than I would like.

Thanks,

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Without a picture of the pin/hole, you should be able to use the Constraint>Opposed to solve this and mate the pin to the base edge of the hole.

Easier if you open>edit the pin and create a iMate using the base edge of the hole.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Try the insert constraint, and pick the diameter under the head and the surface of the mating hole. 

Message 4 of 4
EScales
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds as if you just need to choose a different solution option, depending on which type of constraint you are placing.

Constraint1.PNG

Constraint2.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report