Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip Text

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
BeKirra
834 Views, 7 Replies

Flip Text

Is it possible?

I don't see any "flipping text" options in sketch. - I don't want to create another sketch.

Thanks for your help.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: BeKirra

Most likely by flipping the normal of the sketch workplane.

Attach your file here if you don't want to recreate the sketch and someone will recreate it for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
BeKirra
in reply to: JDMather

This would only work if the sketch was created on a work plane.

I don't think that the sketch can be flipped if it is created on a body surface.

Thanks anyway.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 4 of 8
JDMather

@BeKirra wrote:

This would only work if...

Which is why I requested a file.  Kind of hard to answer questions without information.

I suspect there is a really easy solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
BeKirra

Please see the attachment.

Thanks.

X² + Y² = C²
Message 6 of 8
JDMather

It looks to me like you already know the easy solution?

Also - I usually use Extrude unless the only way is Emboss.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
BeKirra

Thanks for your time. I appreciate your tip.

So the conclusion is that autodesk doesn't provide the text flip function in sketch, as it does in autocad.

In other words, by flipping a text in sketch, the user has to either create a new plane then flip it, or create a sketch on the opposite side of the solid body.

How silly it is!

BTW, what is the advantage(s) of extruding a text instead of embossing? Thanks.

X² + Y² = C²
Message 8 of 8
stefaanboel

It's indeed a bit "silly".

Then again, you can still solve this by adding a workplane on the face and re-define your sketch.

KR

If this is the solution, push the solution button Smiley Wink (and maybe some kudos)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report