Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flexible hose

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
533 Views, 10 Replies

flexible hose

hello everybody I am wondering how i can model something like this flexible hose. thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Try some of the web sites listed in Sean's weekly FAQ posting for tutorials on how to make a hose. A simple sweep might do. Then create a new colour and apply a texture to it. The one used to simulate threads seems to be a good candidate for you. Apply this colour to your new hose and you're done. Richard mustafa wrote: > hello everybody > I am wondering how i can model something like this flexible hose. > thanks > > >
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

it might help to use the 3d spline to create the sweep paths "Richard Hinterhoeller" wrote in message news:408686de_3@newsprd01... > Try some of the web sites listed in Sean's weekly FAQ posting for > tutorials on how to make a hose. A simple sweep might do. > > Then create a new colour and apply a texture to it. The one used to > simulate threads seems to be a good candidate for you. Apply this > colour to your new hose and you're done. > > Richard > > > mustafa wrote: > > hello everybody > > I am wondering how i can model something like this flexible hose. > > thanks > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Oops forgot to post this week.. :) -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com http://www.sdotson.com/forums/ Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Richard Hinterhoeller" wrote in message news:408686de_3@newsprd01... > Try some of the web sites listed in Sean's weekly FAQ posting for > tutorials on how to make a hose. A simple sweep might do. > > Then create a new colour and apply a texture to it. The one used to > simulate threads seems to be a good candidate for you. Apply this > colour to your new hose and you're done. > > Richard > > > mustafa wrote: > > hello everybody > > I am wondering how i can model something like this flexible hose. > > thanks > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Probably the easiest is to model the 3D tube and then use a texture to simulate the hose. Kathy Johnson
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Richard; here it is i tried what you told me to do pattern is not following the way i need it to be am i missing something ? any ideas thank you all for the replies "KJohnson" wrote in message news:40868940$1_1@newsprd01... > Probably the easiest is to model the 3D tube and then use a texture to > simulate the hose. > > Kathy Johnson > >
Message 7 of 11
Designer_Mike

There is a nice tutorial @
http://www.inventorparts.com/Animations/Default.htm

I think Charles did the .avi >> works well, and it is adaptive
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Make sure the texture pattern is either vertical or horizontal because if you use angles, it will cause the problem you have. I think... -- Derek Sevier Mechanical Design Engineer Quality Corporation derek.s@donkeyforklift.com www.donkeyforklift.com "mustafa" wrote in message news:40868ad1_1@newsprd01... > Richard; > here it is i tried what you told me to do > pattern is not following the way i need it to be > am i missing something ? > any ideas > thank you all for the replies > > "KJohnson" wrote in message news:40868940$1_1@newsprd01... > > Probably the easiest is to model the 3D tube and then use a texture to > > simulate the hose. > > > > Kathy Johnson > > > > > > >
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Experiment with texture scale and rotation.
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Further to everyone else's responses, you might find you need more than one textured colour. For example, when I texture wood grain, I often have to apply a 0° texture to some features and a 90° texture to others. Richard mustafa wrote: > Richard; > here it is i tried what you told me to do > pattern is not following the way i need it to be > am i missing something ? > any ideas > thank you all for the replies >
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

I still got the same as Mustafa did no matter what I tried - Vertical or horizontal texture pattern "Derek Sevier" wrote in message news:408691dc_2@newsprd01... > Make sure the texture pattern is either vertical or horizontal because if > you use angles, it will cause the problem you have. I think... > > -- > Derek Sevier > Mechanical Design Engineer > Quality Corporation > derek.s@donkeyforklift.com > www.donkeyforklift.com > > > "mustafa" wrote in message > news:40868ad1_1@newsprd01... > > Richard; > > here it is i tried what you told me to do > > pattern is not following the way i need it to be > > am i missing something ? > > any ideas > > thank you all for the replies > > > > "KJohnson" wrote in message news:40868940$1_1@newsprd01... > > > Probably the easiest is to model the 3D tube and then use a texture to > > > simulate the hose. > > > > > > Kathy Johnson > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report