Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexible constraints for bar inserted in hole?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
monroedinh
538 Views, 6 Replies

Flexible constraints for bar inserted in hole?

Hello all.  I'm still new to inventor and a fresh face in the industry as I am still in school learning my mechanical design.  I'm trying to make this assembly flexible in that the bar will flex so the "s-clip" can hold the 2 handles together.  I read some of the forums about the scissors assembly in the autodesk folders and I can see it working in that assembly btu can't figure out how to make it apply to mine.  It is basically one of those camping grills that makes hot sandwiches or pies.  Please help!

Inventor 2013
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: monroedinh

You need to make an arc with a really large radius and then control the radius.

Think of it this way - at some locations on the earth's surface it appears to us as though the earth is flat because the radius of curvature is so large that is seems flat to us.

Is there a logical reason why you want to make this Adaptive.

Seems like a lot of work for little gain.

On-screen or even in-hand it the flex would be almost un-noticable.

A more interesting problem might be to use FEA to show the flexing.  (Enviroments>FEA)

Attach the assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
monroedinh
in reply to: JDMather

I'm not quite sure at all if it's necessary.  I've only been using inventor for 3 weeks using what little knowledge I have from my solidworks course.  Basically after I did all the parts and assembly while doin this internship, my boss tells me I have to draw all the packaging and arrange them in different ways into assembly files to show the best way for it to be shipped.  So since i need to have it lay in the box without the handles "poking" through the boxes I wanted to constrain it as if they were assembled as opposed to breaking the "insert" constraints from the cast pieces to the bars.

I attached my iam file if you could look at it and give me some advice.  Don't laugh please, I'm still a noob! 🙂

Inventor 2013
Message 4 of 7
mpatchus

You need to include the IPTs as well as the assembly.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 5 of 7
monroedinh
in reply to: mpatchus

Sorry. I forgot about that.

Inventor 2013
Message 6 of 7
monroedinh

Inventor 2013
Message 7 of 7
monroedinh

That's all of em. I couldn't add them all in one post I guess.

Inventor 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report