Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flattering surfaces

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
majusmiles
472 Views, 4 Replies

flattering surfaces

Hi

Can i flattern something like You can find on the pic. ( this one is from CATIA ) or something like this. Not everything, just surface by surface. When i draw similar thing, i had problem, because i dont know how to flattern single surface, All of them are curved.

Thank You

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: majusmiles

You should spend some time on Youtube, and seach for: Inventor, +sheet metal

There are a number of good tutorials that show different features and functionality of the Sheet-Metal module in Inventor.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
majusmiles
in reply to: blair

Yes, there are a number of good tutorials but i couldn't  find the solution, that's why i am asking, i don't wanto to bend, i wander how can i make templates and than solder them toogether.

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: majusmiles

A while back (4 or 5 years ago) I posted an example very similar to this.
I will have to search a bit to find it.

It might be better for you to attach your attempt here (modeling the geometry however you can - it doesn't have to be sheet metal).

The solution turns out to be pretty simple.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
majusmiles
in reply to: JDMather

ok, i made it, standart.itp.,  sketch( spline), model( extrude(surface option)),circular pattern,  surface(trim,delete), convert to sheet metal, model(surface(thicken offset)), create flat patern, sometimes works strange way, probably i don't understand it enouht, 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report