Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat Pattern not shown

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
karthur1
295 Views, 4 Replies

Flat Pattern not shown

When I open an older sheetmetal ipt, and then click "Go to Flat Pattern"... the flat pattern is not shown.  I can go to the idw that has the flat pattern detailed and it is there, just not shown in the ipt.  I have attached the a sample part.  This does not happen on every sheetmetal part that I open, just a few.

Any ideas on how to get this show up?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
macflirty
in reply to: karthur1

Hi Kar,

Have you overlooked the sheet metal rule? I have cheked into the file and it looks like the sheet metal rule was .1046in and the sheet metal thickness on the model is .105in.  I deleted the flat pattern and made a new flat pattern see screen shot.  These settings should be the same when unfolding sheet metal.  Hope that helps. Apology if I have misunderstood in any way your question as I'm just new here in this forum.

Message 3 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: macflirty

I checked the sheetmetal rule and it is set to .1046in and the Thickness shown in the part parameters is .1046 as well.

I can delete the flat pattern and have it regenerated in the ipt.  Problem with this is that the flat pattern is already detailed on a sheet and I will then lose all the dimensions on the view.  I would rather not have to redimension it.

Message 4 of 5
sam_m

I just did a rebuild all and it appeared.

wonder if it's down to a rounding error, as you say it should be 0.1046 but the sketch displays 0.105, and thus somewhere it could being seeing this rounding-error and thus a mis-match between model and sheet-metal thickness.  Would increasing the number of decimal places in the document settings help prevent this?

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 5 of 5
macflirty

Hi Kar,

I confirm thickness is 0.1046in when I change the precision for measurement. For some reason INV is hiding it from you or as Sam mention it could be the precision setting.

You wrote :      Any ideas on how to get this show up?

Freshly I opened the IPT and make an RMB on the browser and and choose "Edit Flat Pattern Definition" and viola your pattern showed up.

No Need to rebuild. 

Cheers!!!   I hope that helps..

macflirty

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report