Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat pattern Inventor 2014

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1449 Views, 7 Replies

Flat pattern Inventor 2014

I have a part that I drew in Inventor 2014 sheet metal view and it won't let me save it in a flat pattern. Why? That was kind of why my company wanted this version so that I could create flats and save them. Am I doing something wrong?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

OK Nichole, put on your flame suit before reading, I try to avoid this, but -

are you serious?  How can anyone possibly answer this question without the ipt file or at least a screen capture picture?

Q1.  Did you use only sheet metal tools to create the part?

Q2. If you used other tools, how much experience do you have creating sheet metal parts in Inventor?

Q3. Have you saved a flat pattern before in earlier release? How?

Q4. Is your part made up of planar faces, cylindrical or conic faces or with the Sheet metal Loft tool?

Q5.  I'm not sure what this means?  "I drew in Inventor 2014 sheet metal view"  Can you elaborate?  When I think of views I'm thinking idw or dwg (2D).

Q6.  Did your VAR demonstrate that the software would do what your company needs?
Q7. Did your VAR offer training?

Q8. A quick search indicates you have asked similar question before http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-Prof-2013-Saving-Flat-View/m-p/3661992  what is different now?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Man, I guess you told her what for huh?

People don't bother taking the blinders off sometimes... MOST everything anyone wants to know how to do in Inventor exists in the TUTORIAL secetion of their software, sad to say, from experience I've seen far too many people that don't even know the tutorials even exist

Message 4 of 8
JDMather

Q8. Was the key.

But again, a year later no response by OP to the questions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I read the responses. I do not respond because most are sarcastic in nature. If I post a question, it is because I do not have all the answers. From the responses I receive, it appears I am supposed to know all the answers before I ask a question. I have found a new avenue for my Inventor help.

Nichole Metzger
Manufacturing Engineer
Valco Industries
625 Burt Street
Springfield, Ohio 45505
937-399-7400
Message 6 of 8
ampster401

your loss.

We cannot possibly know what the problem is without more details.

Good Luck in your pursuits.

Message 7 of 8
johnsonshiue

Nicole,

I would like to understand this issue better. There are certainly limitations in Inventor sheet metal as are in any software package. I need some specifics in order to tell if you are seeing a limitation, a bug, or something else. Could you post the part here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thank you for replying but I have found a solution for the problem. Thanks

Nichole Metzger
Manufacturing Engineer
Valco Industries
625 Burt Street
Springfield, Ohio 45505
937-399-7400

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report