Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flanged Ball Valves in Inventor Content Center

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2301 Views, 7 Replies

Flanged Ball Valves in Inventor Content Center

Does anyone know why Autodesk doesn't put Flanged Ball Valves in the content center? There are several other types of valves in there but no flanged valves. This type of valve is very common in the oil and gas industry and it just baffles me that there is nothing there for this type of valve. I have used Inventor for several years and this has always been an issue. If someone has found a work around I would love to hear it. Thanks in advance for any help.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'd like to understand it also. Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 8
cbenner

I believe that it is simply because there are so many variations, and many of these are specific to the manufacturer of the valve.  It would be nearly impossible to capture them all.  All of the many valves we use in our application (chemical processing) were modeled here, authored and then published to the CC.  they may not be pretty, but the envelope dimensions are correct and they have a reasonable resemblance to the original.

You could also take a look at sites on the internest duch as Grabcad, where you may be able to find at least some of the valves you're looking for.

Message 4 of 8
cwhetten

If a part you need isn't in the content center, you can create it yourself.  Check out this link (click here) for some instructions to get started.

Also, you will want to read up on iParts if you aren't familiar with them.

Good luck!

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Yeah, But there is no one ball valve into CC. I'm a grabcad user and it is so helpful. 

Message 6 of 8
cbenner

Some manufacturers also make models available on their websites, for example Asahi America has a full library available for download,.... one model at a time, but they are nice models.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Thank you, I'll take a look at Asahi America's website.

Message 8 of 8
cwhetten

I have created and added quite a few Asahi valves to my content center, including flanged pvc ball valves.  I also have some Spears valves.  All were created using dimensions from the manufacturer's catalogs, and in the case of the Asahi valves, from their downloadable models.

I am willing to share the iParts with you.  If you would like them, give me your email address by sending me a personal message on the forum.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report