Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix this bug PLEASE

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jletcher
326 Views, 3 Replies

Fix this bug PLEASE

I know this will not be fixed with an update and will not be fixed in 2015 and seeing this client will more than likely never update again because he is thinking of changing to another software that is for manufacturing and not a click click click and rendering software.

But think it should be addressed for others. He is on 2012 by the way.

Client would like to set a position view for a drawing to send to a client but the way he was doing it does not work in Inventor and should. I did get what he needed but again he should not have to call me up to just tell him it is a bug in Inventor.

He has a constraint Rotation/Translation and an angle constraint he drives to move it. He wants a position view down and one up. Master being the down. When he goes to make the up he drives the angle constraint to move it up when he says OK the prompt pops up saying it will be saved as override as it should.

But when he changes it back to master it goes to the down position as it should. But when he clicks for the up position it does not go up to the height is should be at. It does move but not where it was saved at.

So I guess the bug would be position views do not work with Rotation/Translation constraints.

Here are some pics to enjoy...

Down:

Master Position.JPG

After driving angle to move up:

Position 1.JPG

Override clicking yes :

Override.JPG

After click master and going back to position 1. Notice it did not move back to the saved position needed. Only moved about an inch.

After switch.JPG

Someday Autodesk I hope will wake up. But I will not hold my breath.....

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jletcher
in reply to: jletcher
Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jletcher

James,

The behavior you described here does not sound right. But, I need the dataset in order to find out where the exact problem and what the next logical step is. Could you post it here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)? I would like to take a look immediately and understand the issue better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4
jletcher
in reply to: johnsonshiue

No longer at that clients office so I cannot get you the data set at this time not sure when I can.  Client only calls when he has issues like this one. He thought he was doing something wrong but even after changing a few things still an issue..

It would take you no time to make up something to test.. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report