Valued Contributor
3DSetout
Message 1 of 4 (179 Views)
Accepted Solution

Finding reference parameter in ipt

179 Views, 3 Replies
01-07-2014 03:14 PM

Hi Inventor Technicians

Is there a way to identify what sketch or Solid a reference parameter (d0, d1, d2 etc) is in / on.

Thanks

MatB

Hi.

My first inclination was to say that you just hover your mouse over the name of the parameter and it will show you the parent, just like it does with model and user parameters.

But, I decided to test it--and it doesn't work.  Whoever programmed that aspect of the parameters dialog forgot to include that behavior for the reference parameters!  Not cool!

So, I don't see a way to find where a reference parameter is defined, other than hunting through the entire part.  :smileysad:

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

*Expert Elite*
cwhetten
Message 2 of 4 (170 Views)

Re: Finding reference parameter in ipt

01-07-2014 03:36 PM in reply to: 3DSetout

Hi.

My first inclination was to say that you just hover your mouse over the name of the parameter and it will show you the parent, just like it does with model and user parameters.

But, I decided to test it--and it doesn't work.  Whoever programmed that aspect of the parameters dialog forgot to include that behavior for the reference parameters!  Not cool!

So, I don't see a way to find where a reference parameter is defined, other than hunting through the entire part.  :smileysad:

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Valued Contributor
3DSetout
Message 3 of 4 (158 Views)

01-07-2014 04:20 PM in reply to: cwhetten

Thanks Cameron

. . I did not know that even that limited functionality,

Of the 'Parameter to sketch' identifier existed. .

it even works on my embedded excel Parameters.

At least now I will be able to find Model parameters easily.

Thats cool. But not as cool as the 'possible but forgotten' call.

Sometimes the list is too long to be displayed for some parameters.

Q- is there another way to view the expanded 'Parameter to sketch' information text. .

Thanks MatB

*Expert Elite*
cwhetten
Message 4 of 4 (125 Views)

01-08-2014 10:38 AM in reply to: 3DSetout

Hmm...  Not that I know of, unfortunately.  At least, not without some customized programming.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.