Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Overridden Balloons

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
petestrycharske
631 Views, 5 Replies

Find Overridden Balloons

All,

I have a situation where there was a modified balloon with an overridden part number that was causing some confusion.  Is it possible to toggle a setting, like how you can select Overridden Inventor dimensions, to find any overridden balloon objects?  Any help would save some time performing a manual, visual search.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi! In Drawing, you can use Select Filter to help you select all the balloons. After the balloons are all selected, right-click -> Edit Balloon. The data of all balloons will be listed in the dialog and if you see a row with mismatched values, that one will be the overridden balloon.

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 6

I like where this is going, but I am having some trouble.  I feel a little embarrassed to ask, but how do I set a custom filter to just select all the balloons?  I have tried to modify the custom filters from the dropdown (same dropdown as where I would select the "all Inventor dimensions"), but it doesn't seem to select anything.  Can you give the proper steps to edit this filter and apply it?  

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 6

Hi! Please see attached image. You just need to click "Select None" and then click "Balloon" checkbox -> OK. After that, window-select everything on the sheet. You will see only balloons get selected.

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6

Now I see.  I wasn't window selecting everything...  Works perfectly for what I need!  Thanks so much for this process and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 6 of 6

I am glad to help. You are very welcome!

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report