Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fillets in assembly enviroment or derive?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ARCross
175 Views, 6 Replies

fillets in assembly enviroment or derive?

I have an assembly that recquires post-assembly machining. I could derive it but then, is there a way to get the parts in the original assembly to show up in the parts list? I haven't seen a way to do this.

If I could get the fillet command in the assembly enviroment then I would be set to go but I only see chamfer, extrude, hole, etc.

Any bright ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ARCross

Is it straight edges and constant radius fillets? If so could you just extrude cut the fillets? If you have to go the derived route, you could place a view of the assembly off the sheet and use it for the bom/partslist. Ballooning might be a issue though 8^/ -- Kent Keller http://www.KWiKMcad.com (Please update your links) Assistant Moderator Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program "ARCross" wrote in message news:29664525.1075588555337.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have an assembly that recquires post-assembly machining. I could derive it but then, is there a way to get the parts in the original assembly to show up in the parts list? I haven't seen a way to do this. > > If I could get the fillet command in the assembly enviroment then I would be set to go but I only see chamfer, extrude, hole, etc. > > Any bright ideas?
Message 3 of 7
ARCross

No, unfortunately it is more complex than a simple extrude. Ballooning would be a problem although that is a good trick. I think I will have to include the assembly with the derived part in the drawing.

Not such a bad thing anyway although I think having the ability to include the parts that make up a derived part in the parts list would be a nice piece of functionality.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

How about creating an iPart: one with the fillet to use in the assembly and one without for part documentation? -- Rui ruivaz@cadmais.pt www.cadmais.pt "ARCross" wrote in message news:27872333.1075657318173.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > No, unfortunately it is more complex than a simple extrude. Ballooning would be a problem although that is a good trick. I think I will have to include the assembly with the derived part in the drawing. > > Not such a bad thing anyway although I think having the ability to include the parts that make up a derived part in the parts list would be a nice piece of functionality.
Message 5 of 7
ARCross

That would work except the fillets in the assembly run together. Picture it as a tabletop with 5 boards glued together. The table top is cut to an oval shape and then filleted. I want to be able to document in the parts list the lengths of the boards needed. (a cut list) The only solution I see is to include both the assembly and the derived part in my drawing.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Apply the fillets to each iPart of the board? -- Rui ruivaz@cadmais.pt www.cadmais.pt "ARCross" wrote in message news:15144081.1075737107521.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > That would work except the fillets in the assembly run together. Picture it as a tabletop with 5 boards glued together. The table top is cut to an oval shape and then filleted. I want to be able to document in the parts list the lengths of the boards needed. (a cut list) The only solution I see is to include both the assembly and the derived part in my drawing.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Talk about not understanding myself. What I meant was, in case you didn't manage to understand (I didn't when I read it myself, so..) was: make an iPart with 2 variartions out of each board, one with and one without the fillet. Maybe you could even export a parameter to tie the fillet values together. -- Rui ruivaz@cadmais.pt www.cadmais.pt "Rui Vaz" wrote in message news:401e876e$1_1@newsprd01... > Apply the fillets to each iPart of the board? > > -- > Rui > ruivaz@cadmais.pt > www.cadmais.pt > > > "ARCross" wrote in message > news:15144081.1075737107521.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > That would work except the fillets in the assembly run together. Picture > it as a tabletop with 5 boards glued together. The table top is cut to an > oval shape and then filleted. I want to be able to document in the parts > list the lengths of the boards needed. (a cut list) The only solution I > see is to include both the assembly and the derived part in my drawing. > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report