Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fillet Weld Around Corners

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Cadmanto
2922 Views, 11 Replies

Fillet Weld Around Corners

Is there a way to create smooth transitions for fillet welds for around corners?

I have to create four seperate fillet welds on all sides of the mating pieces

and it breaks at the corners.  I would like to see a smooth tranistion without the

corner gaps.

WELD.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: Cadmanto

As I recall there is - but I am on my way out the door and just shut down Inventor.
But as I recall - select all three faces of your "horizontal" part in the picture with selection 1 and then the cylindrical face in selection 2.
I'll try to post example later if someone else doesn't chime in.

It might be useful for you to attach your assembly here.

Sometimes you need to Split a face to get desired bead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
Cadmanto
in reply to: JDMather

Very Nice!!!

That did it.

WELD.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 12
kocken_k

Hello Guys,

I'm experiencing some similar problems. i'm try'ing to make some weldments on a steel structure with rounded edges. I also made individual welds but cannot make one single weld out of it. i'm having this problem with two different steel profiles with round edges. See pictures.welding problem.pngwelding problem 2.png

I'm using inventor 2017.

Hoping that somebody can help me with this one.

Greets,

Kevin

Message 5 of 12
johnsonshiue
in reply to: kocken_k

Hi! The first one probably depend on the fillet radius. The second one is better suited for Groove Weld instead. Please share the files here so forum experts can take a look.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 12
wayneRJT6J

HI there, I have a similar issue but a little more complex. I have an open corner to close up with welding (image 1), but I seem to only be able to use groove welding to get it closed but it doesn't look pretty (image 2). What am I doing wrong?Screenshot 2023-11-03 092308.pngScreenshot 2023-11-03 092344.png

Message 7 of 12
johnsonshiue
in reply to: wayneRJT6J

Hi! If you do sequential groove welds, you might be able to get a better shape depending on the geometric conditions and the selected faces. Please share the files in zip here. The forum experts and I can take a look to see if there is a way to get a nicer shape.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 12
wayneRJT6J
in reply to: johnsonshiue

HI

Thank you for the feed back. I have attached the zip file here for the forum experts to try and help resolve my problem.

Message 9 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi Wayne,

Many thanks for sharing the file! The Trim to Bend corner relief does make it difficult to create weld beads. I am wondering if changing the relief shape will work better. Edit the Flange1 -> Corner -> select "Linear Weld" option. The shape will be much smoother. I believe the weld beads will look nicer too.

Thanks again!

Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 12
wayneRJT6J

HI there,

Thank you for the suggestion, I have experimented with changing the corner relief but this relief is the one our engineers want to have. 

Message 11 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi Wayne,

Then I guess a series of Groove Weld beads will be needed. Please take a look at the following screenshot and see if it works for you.

Many thanks!

GrooveWeld.png

Software Test Engineer
Message 12 of 12
wayneRJT6J
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks! That works a little better, still not well rounded off but looks better than my first attempt, it will have to do

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report