Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files Requiring Save?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
RockieM
522 Views, 8 Replies

Files Requiring Save?

So I have an assembly involving parts from a library I created and every time I open the assembly and save, the "Files Requiring Save" box comes up with these parts in it every time. It has happened in other assembly dwgs too, so is there something wrong with these part dwgs in my library? A few of the files have been converted from Mechanical Desktop but not all. Can anyone help?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: RockieM

Which version of Inv?

If you have 10, then I would suggest to make sure under Tools, Application Options, Save you see as in the image(see image).

If you still see the Save prompt, could you please send me a sample dataset(simpler the better). shekardotsubatautodeskdotcom. Thanks.

shekar
Message 3 of 9
RockieM

I do have version 10 and still see the save prompt!

Sorry, but how do I create a sample data set?
Thanks!

Rockie.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Just get used to it, Hopefully they will fix this huge annoyance with R11

Rock19 wrote:
> So I have an assembly involving parts from a library I created and every time I open the assembly and save, the "Files Requiring Save" box comes up with these parts in it every time. It has happened in other assembly dwgs too, so is there something wrong with these part dwgs in my library? A few of the files have been converted from Mechanical Desktop but not all. Can anyone help?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Hi Rockie,

I assume you verified that your Tools, Application Options, Save dialog matches what I attached in my earlier email and tried opening the assembly?

You can attach zip files (have seen some jpgs also without a zip). Please use Pack and Go to zip up the assembly and all the files needed by it.

Pack and Go Help
Pack and Go is a tool that packages an Autodesk Inventor file and all of its referenced files in a single location. All files that reference the selected Autodesk Inventor file from a selected project or folder can also be included in the package.

Use Pack and Go to archive a file structure, copy a complete set of files while retaining links to referenced files, or isolate a group of files for design experimentation.

You can initiate Pack and Go from Microsoft Windows Explorer or from a Design Assistant session started outside Autodesk Inventor.

Thanks

shekar
Message 6 of 9
RockieM

Shekar,

Yes, I did verify the Save dialog matches ur attachment.

So here's something; when loading the assembly in Design Assistant, I get a dialog box stating "The following files contain OLE links which will not be updated as part fo the selected action" They are the exact same set of files that allows come up on the save prompt. Could this help in finding the solution?

Rockie.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

OK. I will keep that in mind. Please provide us with the save dialog dump (Alt, Print Screen and copy in paint)and all the files. Thanks.

shekar
Message 8 of 9
RockieM

I've sent you the files, hopefully I did it right.
Thanks
Message 9 of 9
hallstevenson

This long thread has been dealing with this issue for a couple months now....

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=408126

As for the OLE error in DA, I get that when I try and open an IDW too. Seems to have started after SP2. To get around it, open the IPT and then "Find" the related IDWs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report