Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files in Session

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
santoshr0114
359 Views, 3 Replies

Files in Session

Hello,

Is there a Option or Flag available in Inventor Application/Document Settings which restricts the user from loading the file having same name.

Scenario:

I have one file in a location D:\Autodesk\Location1\Part1.ipt and second file in D:\Autodesk\Location2\Part1.ipt. (The Geometry and properties might be same or might not be same).

I open the first file Part1 from D:\Autodesk\Location1\Part1.ipt. Now this first file is loaded in Inventor session.

Now if i try to open second file Part1 from D:\Autodesk\Location2\Part1.ipt inventor should not allow me to open. (By Default Inventor allows, as the Location is different)

This is the case i want Inventor to handle...

Is there any option which i can enable to acheive this.?

Regards
Santosh
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
santoshr0114
in reply to: santoshr0114

Can anybody Help me out...?
Regards
Santosh
Message 3 of 4
admaiora
in reply to: santoshr0114

Hi Santosh,

no there are no option like that in the application option.

The only setting about unique file names that you can find is in the project setting:

Senza titolo-2.jpg

From Inventor guide:

"Using Unique File Names: Specifies intent to create unique names for all files in the project (including the subfolder). Not applicable for library locations.

• Select Yes to indicate that no duplicate file names are used in the project. If a file is moved into the project, Autodesk Inventor searches through all editable project locations to find the file name, even if it was last accessed from a different folder.
  • Select No to indicate that duplicate file names exist in the project. If No, and duplicate file names are found when resolving files, the Resolve Files dialog box opens so you can browse to the correct file to manually reestablish the link."

I hope that it can helps you Santosh.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 4
santoshr0114
in reply to: admaiora

Hi admaiora,

This can be used for creating a project and managing files within a project.

What if i try to open files with same from different location ?

I have explored everything in Inventor, I am convinced that there is no option in Inventor to handle this scenario.

Thank You for your reply.
Regards
Santosh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report