Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
jhagarty
Message 1 of 5 (54 Views)

Files Getting Deleted Unexpectedly

54 Views, 4 Replies
10-30-2002 10:19 PM
Two different times in the last couple of days I've had files get deleted, I'm assuming by Inventor. Both times they were .ipt files. Has anyone else had this happen? Luckily I backup every day. I'm the only one on the project so I know no one else would delete them. Been using IV for 2 years now and this is the first time I've had this problem. Jim
*Radlin, David
Message 2 of 5 (54 Views)

Re: Files Getting Deleted Unexpectedly

10-30-2002 10:47 PM in reply to: jhagarty
I have seen this happen when the network
connection was lost while a file was open for editting.

Dave

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Two
different times in the last couple of days I've had files get deleted, I'm
assuming by Inventor. Both times they were .ipt files. Has anyone else had
this happen? Luckily I backup every day. I'm the only one on the project so I
know no one else would delete them. Been using IV for 2 years now and this is
the first time I've had this problem. Jim
Distinguished Contributor
jmartzig
Message 3 of 5 (54 Views)

Re:

10-30-2002 11:19 PM in reply to: jhagarty
ditto what dave just said. -Joe
Distinguished Contributor
deckart
Message 4 of 5 (54 Views)

Re: Files Getting Deleted Unexpectedly

10-30-2002 11:41 PM in reply to: jhagarty
Same thing would happen to me when the network would hiccup. But, I could always retrieve the lost file using a Novell "salvage" application. Our IT mgr says that if we didn't have a Novell server, the files would be lost completely.
jrowley
Message 5 of 5 (54 Views)

Re:

11-01-2002 10:24 PM in reply to: jhagarty
Your IT manager is correct. This was a problem back when we first started using IV in V5.0. I don't understand how they can go thru 2 service packs and another major release and still not have this problem resolved.

Are you listening Autodesk?

Jon Rowley
Announcements
Autodesk Alert | We are currently working on restoring Previous Version License request access in the Autodesk Subscription Center. If you are a subscription customer and would like to request a Previous Version License, please use this link as a temporary workaround. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.