Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Naming

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cadfortaleza
281 Views, 1 Reply

File Naming

Need help in naming my parts and assemblies so i wont have trouble later finding I have numerbs or names that get repeated.Any advice on naming or diving my parts and assemblies.?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blair
in reply to: cadfortaleza

If you step back and take a look at what your company produces, you will start to see some logic in the products and assemblies. If you don't have that many different product lines or products, you may be happy with a simple 5-6 digit number using a sequential number sequence. This may be difficult to find items because the only logic is the order they were created in.

In larger companies, they may go with a number such as: XXX-BBBBBBB-000

Where the XXX is the type of assembly, motor, pump, fridge, stove. The BBBBBBB is the part number in the assembly and the 000 could be used as the revision version.

Depending on your assemblies, you may even find you can logically break down the BBBBBBB to some sort of logical order other than next item created.

This is something that you want to take time sorting out, it will stick with you for some time.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report