Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Bryan Shortall
Post 11 of 13

Re: FILE IS CHECKED OUT BY ANOTHER USER

12-16-2004 01:45 PM in reply to: *James Robertson
I, too, feel your pain. I've noticed that this happens if I try to copy an assembly + its children using pack & Go. Also, any time I manually move a file from one folder to another using explorer, it'll do the same thing. It tells me that I can't check out the file because it's checked out to . . . me. hrmm... I have a feeling it's got something to do with the checkout file path not matching the actual file path, or something. It is kinduva pain, and I wish I had a better solution than just stealing the checkout from yourself, but hopefully this at least gives you a reason why this might be happening. Good luck and happy trails. -Bryan "James Robertson" wrote in message news:41c0046b$1_3@newsprd01... > Could anyone tell me why on ocassion Inventor tells me that the file I am > working on is checked out by another user and that I cant save the changes. > I find this a bit bizzare as I am the only person in the office using > inventor although it is installed in other machines. > > I realise that all I have to do is steal the checkout, but I would really > like to understand why it does this. > > Cheers > > -- > James Robertson (Media Manager) > > Zeroth Technology Ltd (ZERTECH) > Unit 11 Blackburn Ind Est > Kinellar > Aberdeenshire > AB21 0RX > > Tel: +44(0) 1224 790330 > Fax: +44(0) 1224 790430 > > Web: www.zertech.com > >
1 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 12 of 13

09-26-2012 05:17 AM in reply to: *Bryan Shortall

This issue is becoming a real pain for me.  Some how, I have two user names.  I went into tools/application options and in the General tab I changed the username to LRG so it would put the correct thing in the blanks on the drawings.  Now sometimes stuff I check out is checked out to LRG and sometimes it is checked out to Rgoodger (also me), which is what it was using for me before I put the LRG in.  There must be another place to set the user name, but I cannot find it.  I hope it is not something that was put in during installation that cannot be changed without re-installing.

*Pro
1,986 Posts
404 Kudos
Post 13 of 13

09-26-2012 07:38 AM in reply to: lrgoodger

Try This...

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

James Letcher
2012 Factory Design Suite ( will not load 2013)
What happen to my Inventor :-(
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post