Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEM output file

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
s096152
688 Views, 6 Replies

FEM output file

Hi everyone,

I'm using students version of Inventor Proffesional 2014 and i have a problem with FEM simulation.

After a while when simulation start i get a message that i don't have enought space on disk C.

Is it possible to change somehow output directory of FEM simulation ? And what is default location of FEM output file?

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: s096152

I think you should look at clearing space on your C: drive.

I assume you did not remove the download of the Inventor from your hard drive after installation.

In a sense - you probably have 2 extra copies of Inventor on your machine.

1. The compressed downloaded install files.  (I would burn backup to disc or removable hard drive and the delete from C:

2. The extracted install files.  I would delete these. (this is not the installed program - think of these as the equivalent of a DVD install disk in your optical drive, except instead, on your C: drive.

and of course, all the games and pictures you have downloaded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
s096152
in reply to: JDMather

This is not a solution, i didn't downloaded Inventor to partition C, i have removed the instalation files of Inventor after a instalation.

Drive C is my system partiton and i have there only system and basics programs like office.

I would like to know where can i change the default directory of FEM simulation from disk C to some other partition ?

I used NX Unigraphics before and there i could set my own path of FEM output files before i ran the simulation.

Message 4 of 7
JDMather

Are you using Projects (*.ipj) or are you using Vault?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 7
s096152
in reply to: JDMather

I use Projects
Message 6 of 7
Boudeweyn

Try to move your temp file location. Stress Analysis uses the temp file during solve.

The temp file location is specified in Inventor Tools > Application Options > Files tab.

Point it to a drive with enough free drive space.

Message 7 of 7
s096152
in reply to: Boudeweyn

I moved temp file location to D partition. And what i see is :
mesh and other solutions files are there, but inventor still use space on C drive when it's calculating the results. I've set all the settings in project and inventor setup to D partition but it still use somehow space on C.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report