Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feature recognition

53 REPLIES 53
Message 1 of 54
WILLIAMF
9276 Views, 53 Replies

feature recognition

We get many IGES, and STEP files from our customers. They never seem to make any drawings to work with these days, just solids so I need to complete the design and finally drawings to go into MFG.

Seems to me the feature recognition I have been reading about may be useful for me.

I cant seem to find it anywhere to download and try. Does anyone know when it will be released or where I can find it?

I also have the box 2014 suite which  I have not yet installed so I am working with 2013 suite.

Thanks

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro
Product Design Suite 2019 Ultimate
53 REPLIES 53
Message 41 of 54
WILLIAMF
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Finally success!

I removed the Inventor Cam 2012.

I am anxious to give this a go.

Thanks a lot

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro
Message 42 of 54
WILLIAMF
in reply to: WILLIAMF

It works.

Really cool...

Think I will find this very useful

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro
Message 43 of 54
bpaulins

Does this tool also work for composite IGES files that only have surfaces? I can repair these files in Inventor Pro but, I am looking for a way for my Inventor LT users to convert their own IGES composite files into Inventor solid models in order to get ^3 inches in iProperties.

Is this not the tool for that?

Message 44 of 54
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: bpaulins

I don't think so.

Copy and paste from description. See red highlight.

The Feature Recognition application converts neutral 3D CAD models, such as STEP, SAT, or IGES solids, into full-featured Autodesk® Inventor® models. Feature mapping could be executed automatically or interactively as needed to maintain design intent.

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aFeatur...

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 45 of 54
bpaulins
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

Just checking.

Thank you

Message 46 of 54
olibiakos

I have a question for Feature recognition. I have a student version of Inventor, can I install Feature recognition? In addition how can i get a contract number. Thanks a lot.

Message 47 of 54
JDMather
in reply to: olibiakos

While you wait for someone from Autodesk to reply -

maybe if you attach your file here someone will run Feature Recognition on it for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 48 of 54
l.k.campbell
in reply to: olibiakos

@olibiakos wrote:

I have a question for Feature recognition. I have a student version of Inventor, can I install Feature recognition? In addition how can i get a contract number. Thanks a lot.

Same here...
Message 49 of 54
JDMather
in reply to: l.k.campbell

While you wait for someone from Autodesk to reply -

maybe if you attach your file here someone will run Feature Recognition on it for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 50 of 54

I guess I'm gonna be the typical student and beg for feature recognition for this file. It's a reflector which was made in a student version of tracepro 🙂

Thanks in advance whomever is bored enough to do it

Message 51 of 54

Jonathan,

Welcome to the forum.

Is this what your assembly model is supposed to look like?

conic.jpg

First of all, feature recognition only works on part models.  Not assembly models.

If this is not what it is supposed to look like, please post an image or what it does look like.  Then post the part model.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 52 of 54
dmacdonald
in reply to: Cadmanto

For the life of me, I cannot get the Feature Recognition App to show up for use.

* I installed it successfully and it shows up in the Add-Ins and loads automatically.

* I disabled the Fusion stuff as I never use it and figured that it may interfere with using the Feature Recognition.

* In Application Settings, Edit base solids using Legacy Solid Edit is selected (other option was grayed out anyways)

I have rebooted my computer and I do not get the message box that asks me if I want to use Feature Recognition. I also cannot right-click on the Base. The Feature Recognition option does not show up.

Inventor 2013 on Windows XP Pro 64.

I have used Feature Recognition on past versions and quite like it. I remember having an issue getting it going on 2012 but I cannot remember how I fixed it.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Dale

Message 53 of 54
dmacdonald
in reply to: dmacdonald

Ok, so I got it to work. I went through some old threads about earlier versions and tried their suggestions.

* Uninstalled Feature Recognition.

* Turned off AVG.

* Already logged in as Administrator so no issue there.

* Made sure Inventor was not running.

* Reinstalled Feature Recognition.

* Opened Inventor and imported a STEP file - got the popup box to ask if I want to use Feature Recognition!

Excellent.

Message 54 of 54
eljoseppo
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

Here are previous versions or Feature Recognition Enabler

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report