Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feature recognition enabler

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kevin.brown
1013 Views, 5 Replies

feature recognition enabler

I've upgraded to Inventor 2013, removed 2012 and I want to install Feature Recognition enabler for 2013. It wont install because it says an older version of the add-in exisits. Control Panel won't uninstall it becasure it says Inventor not installed. any thoughts on how to remove the old version of feature recognition?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: kevin.brown

Kevin,

When you uninstalled 2012 and the feature recognition software did you clean out the registry as well?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17274201&linkID=9242018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
kevin.brown

No, I simply used the removal tool for design suite 2012

Message 4 of 6
bobvdd

As the Feature recognition app is not part of the suites, using the quick uninstall on the 2012 suite is rather futile in an attempt to remove the Feature Reconition app.

What I would suggest is to try the Microsoft Fix-it tool, which can be found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

First choose the Uninstalling option

Then select the Autodesk Feature Recognition Enabler entry to be uninstalled:

Fix it2.JPG

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 5 of 6
kevin.brown

fix it did the trick! thanks:)

Message 6 of 6
winwoodj
in reply to: bobvdd

Is there any other method you could recommend? The Lab I work at only allows our machines to access the internet through a web portal. The Microsoft Fix-it file tries to "phone home" when executed, but since it can't access the web it fails to run.

I have removed all files relating to the feature recognition enabler and have scoured the registry for any entries related to it. However, it still will not uninstall. In the Windows Uninstall program it shows that there are 3 MB of data stored, but if it's really there you folks have managed to hide it extremely well. I would like to be able to install the 2013 version of this software so I will still be able to import files sent to me, but I am concerned that having the 2012 version still showing up as being installed could wreak havoc with the operating system. If you can suggest a method that does not require it to access the web in order to function it would be greatly appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums