Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature driven Pattern

40 REPLIES 40
SOLVED
Message 1 of 41
CAD-One
6372 Views, 40 Replies

Feature driven Pattern

Hello,

Can we do a Feature driven pattern in Inventor?

I dont have any parts to share, but can explain my requirement.

I have a assembly file consisting of couple of parts. One of the part is rectangular plate with a several square holes. These In the part level these Sq holes are created using a rectangular pattern.

At the assemb;y level, I want to insert a square plug (plastic Cover) that closes these square holes. I need to know if we can link this pattern to the Original rectangular pattern at the part level.

I have used this kind of feature in solidoworks & its called as Feature Driven Pattern. I need to know if this is possible here.

If so, It makes it so easy to install these covers to all the holes. & when the original hole pattern changes, the cover pattern automatically updates at the assembly level.

Thanks

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
40 REPLIES 40
Message 41 of 41
Dorchester
in reply to: swalton

Vielen Dank, oops, thank you very much for your answer.

I used to work with SolidWorks until recently. In SolidWorks the equivalent to Iparts and Iassemblies are configurated parts and assemblies but then it’s not the same. Configurations in SolidWorks are “real” parts or assemblies and therefore can do all, the original ones can do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report