Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feature color

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
eveylynne
442 Views, 4 Replies

feature color

I've created a parameter, "color," with choices likered, blue, and black.  I then created a rule that a specific sweep feature is whatever "Color" is set to.  It works just fine.

It doesn't, however, like "Burgandy" as a color.  Where can I find a list of all possible color names i can use?  Or better yet, is there a way to call out the RGB ratio?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: eveylynne

I "assume" you are using that rule to change feature colors.. If so the available colors are whats in your style library.. or the colors in the appearance/color dropdown..

So if you don't have burgandy in the color styles/appearances then your rule will error out. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto

If you look here, you will see your color styles at the bottom.

COLOR.JPG

Then in the styles you are able to create new colors then they will show up once saved where I shoed in the first image.

COLOR1.JPG

Is this what you are talking about?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5
eveylynne
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thank you Cadmanto! I'm working in IV 2014, though, and the color/appearance interface doesn't look the same.

mcgyver, I'm not sure why you used the quotes on assume. My post is called "Feature color:"

My rule is simple:

Feature.Color("Sweep2") = Color

However, feature color is actually feature appearance.  I was wondering if there was a list, or a way to list all possible options for Feature.Color.  We have a few different appearance libraries, and I'd rather not look through them individually to find a color that is suitable.

For now, I will create a few new appearances, but I would still like to know if the list(ing) option is available, or if I can directly use an RBG ratio in my part file w/o creating a new appearance and drive it with ilogic.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Cadmanto

As far as the list goes, what I showed you in the styles (which should be similar to what you have) should take any color number combo on the color specrum.

As far as a list you should check pantone colors.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report