Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEA software

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
T_Graziani
290 Views, 3 Replies

FEA software

I'm looking at buying an FEA tool to use with Inventor. Can anyone give me an approximate price for the ANSYS or ALGOR tool? I'm having a hard time finding a local reseller, and I just need a ballpark figure right now anyway. Thanks.

Tony
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: T_Graziani

We use Algor and deal direct with Algor for purchases and anual service contracts. Just contact Algor and they will direct you to the apropriate customer rep for your area. The price will vary as to the package(s) you want. If you want to handle basic Liner or Non-liner or their MES. Blair Stunder Arctic Manufacturing Ltd. www.arcticmfg.com "T_Graziani" wrote in message news:28791943.1093355437312.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I'm looking at buying an FEA tool to use with Inventor. Can anyone give me an approximate price for the ANSYS or ALGOR tool? I'm having a hard time finding a local reseller, and I just need a ballpark figure right now anyway. Thanks. > > Tony
Message 3 of 4
stanfea1

I use Algor here as well. I have the full non linear MES (mechanical event simulation) package. I will tell you that Algor has had its share of problems with some types of analysis. It has gotten a lot better over the past four years and is a fairly decent value. I also used Ansys for a while and have a higher respect for that product. But on the other hand Ansys will cost you a WHOLE lot more to get similar capabilities. The MES package when it works is unreal. I think you will be looking at about 15000 USD for MES and LS combined. Plus an annual cost of 2-3k.

Stano
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Tony, Have you tried new FEA functionality with Autodesk Inventor Professional 9.0 ? AIP9.0 integrates ANSYS's workbench to provide Stress Analysis and Modal Analysis on parts. Let me know if you need more info. Gary Tang Autodesk FEA QA Engineer "T_Graziani" wrote in message news:28791943.1093355437312.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I'm looking at buying an FEA tool to use with Inventor. Can anyone give me an approximate price for the ANSYS or ALGOR tool? I'm having a hard time finding a local reseller, and I just need a ballpark figure right now anyway. Thanks. > > Tony

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report