Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEA: Simple loaded circular plate supported by clamped edges

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ihracska
635 Views, 4 Replies

FEA: Simple loaded circular plate supported by clamped edges

Dear All,

I’d be grateful if someone can enlighten me regarding my confusing results using Inventor FEA. I’m trying to estimate the displacement of a flat loaded, circular plate. I have three cases giving significantly different results and  I expected very similar outcomes...What am I doing wrong? Is the FEA not set up correctly? (The hand calculations have been checked and I got the same result from an online calculator as well). Please see details in attached table in the .pdf file.

1st is the FEA on the plate, constrain on the curved surface (see details in .pdf).

2nd case is trying to simulate the clamped edges better (see details in .pdf).

3rd method is the good old classical statics  (see details in .pdf)..

Thanks for spending time on my problem,

Alexis

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
admaiora
in reply to: ihracska

Hi Alexis,

your assumptions and boundary conditions aren't refelect perfectly reality of a clamped disk plate.

Your theorical calculation are perfect, but a quick, accurate and light  simplification for this case would be use the shell bodies.

Hope that it can helps you.

w.jpg

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5
ihracska
in reply to: admaiora

Hello admaiora,

Thanks for your reply; I’m glad someone actually responded.

Of course, it’d be nice to know when and how to apply this simplification! How did you learn FEA with Inventor? Can you suggest literature, please?

Finally, how did you make your model to a shell body? Can you please provide me with some details?

Best Regards,

Alexis

Message 4 of 5
ihracska
in reply to: admaiora

Hello admaiora  ,

Thanks for your reply; I’m glad someone actually responded.

Of course, it’d be nice to know when and how to apply this simplification! How did you learn FEA with Inventor? Can you suggest literature, please?

Finally, how did you make your model to a shell body? Can you please provide me with some details.

Best Regards,

Alexis

Message 5 of 5
admaiora
in reply to: ihracska

Hi Alexis,

atteched you can find the file i made.

Here you can find quiet a lot about Stress

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-61F01A5D-7E54-45A1-9698-7BB11F0AEE94

and here in specific about shell bodies

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-3512208A-D415-4FD2-B195-F010F1CA2DD0

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report