Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEA questions

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CAD-One
277 Views, 2 Replies

FEA questions

Hi Guys,

Few questions related to this stress analysis.

Capture.PNG

1. Why is the mesh size less dense on one part?

2. I know we can use local mesh, but can we use different mesh size on different parts?

3. How can I know on which part is the max stress label pointing/attched to? Since the 2 parts are made of different material I want to know which one is highly stressed in this application.

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
swalton
in reply to: CAD-One

1. The mesh controls are functions of the part size.  If you have a part who's longest dimension is 100unit  and an average element size of 0.2, your mesh elements are on the order of 20 units.  If you have another part in the assembly that is 10 units long, the same mesh setting will generate elements 2 units long.

2. In IV 2014, it looks like you have to grab faces or edges of components to modify the mesh.  I don't see a way to set mesh controls by part.  I have not checked in IV 2015.

3. I don't see a way to get that information direclty, but you should be able to hide components in your results.  That will let you use process of elemination until you find the component with maximum stress.  I usually just zoom into the view until I can see the arrowhead.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 3
CAD-One
in reply to: swalton

Thanks  lot for explaining about the mesh density and the asnwers for the other 2. Appriciate it.

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report