Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEA names confilict-- Can't Check-in to Vault"

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
karthur1
1425 Views, 6 Replies

FEA names confilict-- Can't Check-in to Vault"

I am doing a stress analysis on an assembly.  I have 4 different load cases that I need to evaluate.  I opened the assembly, checked everything out and created my cases.  Everything went fine.  Now I need to finish and check this back in for others to see.  When I tried to check in, I get a "Check In Error".

2014-03-07_0738.png

SO, I look in my model browser and see this.

2014-03-07_0738.png

I dont understand how this can be. There is no way to check this in because unique filenames are enforced in vault.  I think this is an Inventor problem since inventor named these files.  Not vaults problem... its just enforcing a rule that is set (unique filenames).

How do I check my files in and not loose the simulation cases that I have created?  How to I avoid this in the future? 

Kirk

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
karthur1
in reply to: karthur1

More on this issue.  Here is a couple screen shots.  first one is the vault browser right after I check out the assembly.  Notice that all files are checked out and everything appears fine.

2014-03-07_0811.png

Now since the subassemblies -1081 and -1082 need saving, I do a "Save" command, then I look at the browser again.  See below.

2014-03-07_0814.png

For some unknown reason to me, Inventor decided that the FEA files in the -1082 sub are now not in Vault. Now when I make changes and try to check it in, it wll not allow it since the FEA filenames already reside in Vault.

This is nuts.

Kirk

Message 3 of 7
karthur1

....and a video showing the issue.

http://screencast.com/t/72puVgH6dq

Message 4 of 7
swalton

I have not seen that problem because we do not store the FEA results in Vault. 

IV stores the FEA setup in the component file and the results in separate files.  If you uncheck the "Create OLE Link to Result Files" option shown on the attached picture, Vault won't try to grab the results files. 

The disadvantage of this is that if you delete the results files out of your local workspace, you must re-run the simulation to see the results.  That is ok for us because our simulations don't take more then an hour or two to run.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 5 of 7
karthur1
in reply to: swalton

Thanks, I will give that a try.

Message 6 of 7
SER4

I wish there was a method to rename the FEA filenames.  This appears to be a problem when copying a design, and then the new design uses the same FEA filenames as the old copied files.

Dell Precision 5680 Laptop; Win11 Pro; 64GB RAM; i9-13900H CPU; Intel Iris Xe Graphics, NVIDIA RTX 3500 Ada Laptop GPU.
Vault Pro 2023.4.1 (28.4.20.0); Inventor Pro 2023.4.1 (418).
Message 7 of 7
SER4
in reply to: SER4

I get this error if I have done Copy Design in the Vault, and then I try and run studies in the newly copied models.

A workaround is to Copy/Duplicate the Stress Analysis study/studies and delete the old studies.

This will fix the links (by removing links to old studies and creating brand new filenames for the new studies).

Dell Precision 5680 Laptop; Win11 Pro; 64GB RAM; i9-13900H CPU; Intel Iris Xe Graphics, NVIDIA RTX 3500 Ada Laptop GPU.
Vault Pro 2023.4.1 (28.4.20.0); Inventor Pro 2023.4.1 (418).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report