Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEA from Dynamic Analysis workflow

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
nac69
208 Views, 0 Replies

FEA from Dynamic Analysis workflow

Hi all,

I'm new to dynamic simulation and I've been trying to teach it to myself with little progress because with the more tutorials I watch, the more steps it seems that it takes, or things to consider. So from asking other people here, and trying to learn more about this, I would like to know if this is the way to go about this probem. I already tried this but either it's the wrong way or I'm missing steps.

My purpose is to design the Gear labelled below which is driven my a belt connected to a motor (single belt drive system). I would like this gear to be able to stand the desired forces caused by the whole system mechanics to achieve a 2000 rpm on the propeller (connected to the shaft as shown below) with the minimum weight possible, so eventually I would create some holes on the Gear to reduce the weight. So this is what I think the workflow should be for the Dynamic Simulation:

1. Ground the wooden frame. The Base rod is attached to the wooden frame by constraints only, no fasteners for now.

Note: to simplify the simulation I have not included the motor in the assemby shown because I think that by only applying a revolution joint which can rotate should be enough to simulate the system's movement. 

2. Apply a revolution joint between the Bearing and the Base rod.

3. On this Rev. Joint specify 2000 rpm

4. Run dynamic simulation to acquire the torque required to achieve this rpm

5. Select the gear in the Dynamic Simulation and export it's data to FEA

6. Run the FEA to see stress concentrations, etc.

7. Change the Gear design and iterate this process.

Any thoughts on this? Is this right or am I missing something/doing a step wrong?

Thank you for your help

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report