Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEA files

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
shastu
2312 Views, 2 Replies

FEA files

When I try and open a part I get all kinds of Resolve Link dialog boxes looking for files that were created with the FEA package last time the part was saved.  Unfortunately, those files no longer exist and now I would like to open the file without it looking for those files with the fins,fsat, ftes, fwiz, fx_t, fmsh, fres extensions.  Is there a way I can remove the association to those files?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: shastu

Most likely the folder that holds the FEA data was deleted. You should be able to open the model, use the Skip-All command to facilitate the opening of the model. Then enter into the FEA Environment, then delete the Simulation from the browser. You should be able to RMB click on the Simulation and select "Delete".

This should then remove all links to the FEA folder and FEA files.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
4donwan4
in reply to: shastu

In the Ribbon go to the Tools tab, then go to the Options area. There you will see a "Links" command. Here you might be able to remove the references you are seeing.

Regards,

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report