Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fanuc 200iB constraint issue

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
xchrisgrassx
799 Views, 7 Replies

Fanuc 200iB constraint issue

Good afternoon everybody,

I am working on a work cell for my company, we need to pitch this concept to our customer as an animation.

My problem is that in the center of the work cell we have a Fanuc F-200iB fixture. The assembly was sent parted out, leaving me to assemble it. This would normally be fine, but now I cant get the robot to operate the way it should.

I was hoping someone could help me diagnose the problem, I suspect it to be a constraint issue. I've reworked it over and over again, but come up empty. You will notice the Top Plate sits at a harsh angle, where I need it to be parallel to the surface.

http://www.filedropper.com/thanks

If someone could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

-Christopher

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
xchrisgrassx
in reply to: xchrisgrassx

Soo.. 

Message 3 of 8
harco

I tried downloading your files but a lot were corrupt, maybe a bad download on my part.

Some of the files were imported so this could be a source of your errors.

I assume all the actuators are the same assembly so flexiblity will need to be used.

This can also cause a few problems as you sometimes need to drive other components to make the actuators move.

Try to simplify the assembly, save a copy, remove the actuators, work with only the base and top plate and drive the top plate using constraints only.

Once you have this working then reinsert the actuators and let the assembly drive them.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 8
xchrisgrassx
in reply to: harco

Thanks for the reply.

I will give it a shot in a few, makes sense to do things that way,.

My only fear is that once I try and put the actuators back in place, the top plate will flip over or something like that.

Thanks for the input

-Chris

Message 5 of 8
JDMather

Can you roll up the EOPs and attach the files here rather than some 3rd party site?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

I would have started by placing the base plate (should be the only grounded part in the whole sub) then the top plate and immediately used an angle constraint to make sure they stay parallel..  Then placed everything else.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 8
xchrisgrassx
in reply to: JDMather

I tried packaging it up as tight as I could, but I cant reach autodesks 1,572,864 byte limit.

Thanks,

-Chris

Message 8 of 8
xchrisgrassx

Solved my own problem, thanks for the interest! My issue was with the constraint on the bottom pushers.

Thanks

-Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report