Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed To Save!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TomTom111
284 Views, 2 Replies

Failed To Save!

Hello,

I am having a catastrophic error in Inventor 2013.

When I attempt to save a drawing I have completed, I cannot save!

Can't save, save as or any other variation of save.

This is my issue every time I click save.

DWG SAVE ERROR 1.jpg

Any ideas what may be causing the issues?

Thanks in advanced.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
derek.gasch
in reply to: TomTom111

What is the file name?

I have seen an unexplainable error similar to this when the file name had characters that were allowed in Windows but not handled by Inventor for some reason (File was renamed outside of Inventor or Vault by a student).  It has been a couple of years since that occurred though, so I can't remember the details.

I have also seen a similar issue when trying to save an Inventor file that had been moved (or renamed in Windows Explorer) after it was opened in Inventor.  For example, if Drawing1.idw was opened from C:\Workspace and was moved to C:\Widgetspace while still being open in Inventor, you would receive this error upon trying to save, save as, or save copy as.  This error would also occur if you rename a file that is currently open in Inventor, for example, renaming Drawing1.idw to Widget.idw through Windows Explorer.  Additionally this error would occur if the opened file location no longer exist (removed external drive, network drive not available, etc.).

Neither of these are probably your issue, but it is something to look at.

Message 3 of 3
TomTom111
in reply to: derek.gasch

I will look into that, but I am unsure if that is the issue.
I am working with a customer to resolve this issue.

As it was described to me, all the parts, and assemblies are created.
Once they create a dwg of those parts, as per normal, inventor comes up with the error once you click save or save as.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report