Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to save factory member (iparts)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
609 Views, 1 Reply

Failed to save factory member (iparts)

I was working on an iPart where I modeled the part as one piece and then at the very end split it into two. One ipart is for the left side and one is for the right. Yesterday everything was working just fine and now when I try to generate the members I get the errors you see in the attachment. I have gone into a number of the features where there are supposedly errors but none of those features have any errors and the recovery button is grayed out which tells me that there aren't any errors. If I drag the end of part stop sign to be above the feature that cuts the part into two, the iparts will generate without a problem, however this doesn't help me because I need the two parts generated after they are split.

Restarting the computer did not fix the problem and neither did removing that feature that splits the part and remodeling it a different way.

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
IgorMir
in reply to: Anonymous

Without seeing the part itself it is difficult to say what's your design intent. But if you want just right and left hand version of a part - the best way is to Mirror the whole solid with the Suppress original option checked.

Introducing the Split (as you have) alter the topology of the whole model. And you get what you get as a result.

Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report