Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Failed to read data from content center**

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3096 Views, 3 Replies

**Failed to read data from content center**

Can't use the frame generator in 2009.

This is not a network install Im the only one in the small company who uses inventor so we don't need/use the vault or any of the other data network systems.

I tried the what was suggested in another similar post which was to run this program...

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2009\Bin\RegisterContentCenter.exe" /install

That does absolutely nothing.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Brellis,

To use Frame Generator, you must log in to an Autodesk Data Management Server first.

Please follow the steps below to have a try:
1. Make sure you have a local or remote ADMS server with Content Center library installed.
2. Go to File->Autodesk Data Management Server-> Log in

-Nicolas
Message 3 of 4
pat.casey
in reply to: Anonymous

I know this is much later but I ran into the same problems with the "failed to read data from content center" in 2014 and I kept getting back to this thread. I too do not use a vault server which most of the answers seemed to be geared toward. I did solve it and maybe this will help someone else.

I would physically navigate to the folder via windows explorer at "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Content Center\Libraries" and I can see what I thought were library files in the folder (.idcl). I made sure under Tools>Applicationn Options that my paths were correct both under the "File" and "Content Center" tabs.

Then under the pear or main tab>Manage>Projects I clicked the Configure Libraries button in the bottom right corner (mine never tells me what that button is when I hover over it. In that box the give me a "Location of Libraries" with a link.It takes you to your location. Mine was C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Content Center\Libraries. When I opened that link it show me no files. I just copied the files from the windows explorer window to the one opened by Inventor and BOOM...it worked!

I thought they were the same files at first then I noticed that Inventor stored the libraries in "Program Files" by default and the library was trying to look in "ProgramData" even though the subfolders are exactly the same.

Message 4 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: pat.casey

Not sure how you got your Inventor Desktop Library files (*.idcl) in Program Files but the default installation is C:\Programdata\Autodesk\Inventor <version>.

Also when you talk about Applications Options/File tab or Content Center Tab..  Make sure the Content Center tab is pointing to the library files (*.idcl) and the File tab is telling where to put the Content Center component once they are pulled from Content Center and placed into an assembly.

In addition under the folder option of your active project file, if the Content center option is set to default it reads the path from Application Option/Files tab.  If its set to something else than its using that location to store content center components.

The lower right hand corner button in the Inventor Project Editor is called Configure Content Center Libraries

12-5-2015 8-55-30 AM.jpg

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report