Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to load Library at ... Problem with Material Libraries Inventor 2014

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
adenobel
3698 Views, 4 Replies

Failed to load Library at ... Problem with Material Libraries Inventor 2014

When I change to an other project the Material Libraries fail to load. When I go to the Libraries a yellow triangle is shown. (Failed to load Library at ....)

The Library lost connection en with the Right Mouse Button I can connect againg to the Library. Every Time I switch to an other project I have to connect again. When I close and reopen Inventor the problem is also resolved. Does anybody know how to resolve this problem?

Using Inventor 2014

Thanks in advance 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
adenobel
in reply to: adenobel

Solved the problem. In one project the path of the custom library was a mapped drive like I:\Prog... While in the other project the server name was used like \\NL-DC02\Data\Prog ...

Inventor does not like that. Changed both project files to the mapped drive and the problem is gone.

Message 3 of 5
Nougatti
in reply to: adenobel

Same issue in 2016, and same solution solved it 🙂

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

The same still exists in Inventor 2018.

I would like to add a short comment to this issue.

• Please solve this problem or
  • Please inform the user when the project file is switched and therefore the  Library is not loaded.
  • And also Please inform the user when the Library is not loaded in general.

This will solve many material and color style issues within Inventor and Vault.

I have added an Idea in the Idea-station for this issue:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/inform-inventor-users-when-library-files-are-not-loade... 

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 5 of 5

Hi,

The same still exists in Inventor 2018.

I would like to add a short comment to this issue.

• Please solve this problem or
  • Please inform the user when the project file is switched and therefore the  Library is not loaded.
  • And also Please inform the user when the Library is not loaded in general.

This will solve many material and color style issues within Inventor and Vault.

I have added an Idea in the Idea-station for this issue:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/inform-inventor-users-when-library-files-are-not-loade... 

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report