Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed to connect solver Frame analysis

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
rgruychev
2352 Views, 11 Replies

failed to connect solver Frame analysis

Simulation Frame analysis crashed when choose button Simulate. Write failed to connect solver.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
henderh
in reply to: rgruychev

Hi rgruychev,

I consulted Development and it is possible that the Robot kernel didn't register correctly.

Could you try the following?

0)  Close Inventor

1)  Open the command line window (Win7 / Vista: Windows Start Menu => type "cmd" in the search box and press Enter)

2)  Navigate to the directory where the exe is located (type or paste the following: cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\ROBOT Kernel 23.0\System\Exe"  and press Enter) 

3)  Type "rkernel  /regserver" and press Enter

Thanks, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 3 of 12
rgruychev

I try without success

Please give me other decision.

Message 4 of 12
henderh

I've contacted Development again to see if they might have a different solution.

Thanks, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
Message 5 of 12
henderh

Hi gruychev,

I forgot to mention that you should have administrative privileges and any anti-virus software turned off when doing the registration as required when doing the Inventor installation.

We have some more suggestions to try:

1)  Try the registration of the Robot Kernal as described before with Admin priviliges and any AV turned off

2)  After registration of Robot Kernal, re-register Frame Analysis from command line:

• Navigate to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2011\Bin"
  • type "RegisterFrameAnalys.exe /install" and press enter button

3)  If steps 1 and 2 above still doesn't cure the issue, try a repair installation to help ensure there are no missing files

If none of the recommendations work, could you send us the Frame Analysis log file?

• Open Windows Explorer and enter "%temp%" in the address bar
  • After a Frame Analysis solve a log file should have been saved with name like "SysN_Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Engine.log"
  • Send this file to me, hughDOThendersonATautodeskDOTcom and I will forward it onto Development to help us determine the issue on your system.

We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.

Sincerely, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
Message 6 of 12
hmeent
in reply to: henderh

Hello Hugh,

I experience the same problem. It used to work. Last week I deinstalled 2012 Beta 3 (was a side-by-side install with 2011), maybe this caused some parts of Inventor 2011 not to work anymore? Neither Repair nor Reinstall  lead to a solution. Now I am deinstalling 2011, and perform a fresh install.

kind regards, Hans.

Message 7 of 12
rgruychev

I  uninstall Inventor Beta 2012 and Inventor 2011. Instal fresh inventor 2011 but i have problem maybe i need preinstall operation system (windows 7).

Message 8 of 12
hmeent
in reply to: hmeent

an addition: when I look in my registry, there is a very large amount of Classes beginning with "RobotKernel.****". These refer to ClassID s that are twice in my registry, and those classid s refer to different locations, to  be precise to an "Robot Kernel 23.0" and an "Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Engine 2012" location, see the attached screen dumps

The latter seems to be left behind after deinstallation of Inventor 2012 Beta3. So this might be a problem caused by beta3 ...?

Greetings, Hans.

Message 9 of 12
rgruychev

Thank you !!

I change all registry to C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\ROBOT Kernel 23.0\System\Exe

after 1  hours  work .

Frame Analysis work  success :).

Message 10 of 12
henderh

Hi rgruychev and Hans,

Thank you for reporting this and sharing your solution and experience!

I'm still trying to reproduce the problem in-house.  In the meantime, I've provided Development with the new findings to help get to the bottom of this and fix it from happening.

Sincerely, -Hugh

=====

Edit: I can reproduce it now on Win7-64.  I've filed the issue in our tracking system and sent it on to Development.

=====

Hugh Henderson
Message 11 of 12
henderh

Here is a workaround to the issue:

0)  Have admin rights on the machine

1)  Open the command line prompt (Start => Run => type CMD)

2)  Navigate to the directory:

•   32-bit O/S: c:\program files\Autodesk\Robot Kernal 23.0\System\Exe
  •   64-bit O/S: C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\ROBOT Kernel 23.0\System\Exe

3)  Type "rkernel.EXE /RegServer"

Hugh Henderson
Message 12 of 12
aguitton116

Hi,

I had the problem today on one of my student's computer running Inventor 2012 SP2 with XP Pro (x86). The solution works but the file is not in Program Files\Autodesk\ROBOT Kernel 23.0\System\Exe

This folder doesn't exist at all.

The files are in Program files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Engine 2012\System\Exe

In the french version of windows it's Program files\Fichiers Communs\Autodesk Shared\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Engine 2012\System\Exe

Maybe it's because they have an educationnal version, I don't know, but anyway the files are in this folder 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report