Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to compute annotation plane location

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
827 Views, 4 Replies

Failed to compute annotation plane location

I am making some welds in Inventor.  I have been getting this particular error sometimes.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I am making some welds in Inventor.  I have been getting this particular error sometimes.  Any ideas?

I've got the same issue now. And it caused a crash earlier.

2 identical assemblies (A & B), exactly the same weld types at the same locations for both.

All stuff done on assembly A were successful; B was ok until the above-mentioned happened.

Also, while fiddling around assembly B the dialog box that allows you specify the weld parameters has got parantheses on one of the fields, and the parantheses showed up in the annotation.

But this didnt happen for A for the same field; no brackets.

Anybody got any resolution to this?

Cheers,

James

Inventor 2014 Professional.

Latest update to latest service pack installed.

Updated driver for 3D mouse.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Alright, 

I shall answer my own (as well as TS') question..

Be careful of how you build the weld.

There could be possibly more than a single way to build the weld, and some cases, some methods produces the same weld visually.

How you select the faces involved, chained or not, full-face or not, and etc., will determine the weld annotation plane location.

Experts please respond and offer a more concise / detailed explanation?

Thanks,

James

Message 4 of 5
t_hascj

Could you attach the dataset and steps to recreate the problem so we can take a look?

Thanks,
Jaroslav

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: t_hascj

I resolved by Supressing all the welds then turning them on by groups of 5-10.  When we got the error we found the problematic weld and editied it.  We then fixed it and this solved the rest of the welding issues that we were having with the models.  All we did was switch the 1st and 2nd faces with each other and turned off the chain faces.  Hope this helps.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report