Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

factory update

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
patvenetucci
1257 Views, 16 Replies

factory update

I can't create a dwg from an assembly because it's telling me that "The factory must be updated before views of it's members can be used".  What does this mean and how do you update the factory???

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
mcgyvr
in reply to: patvenetucci

Open the iassembly. Do a rebuild all then save then regenerate the members.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 17
patvenetucci
in reply to: mcgyvr

I dont' have any iassemblies........

Message 4 of 17
mcgyvr

@patvenetucci wrote:

I dont' have any iassemblies........

Factory/members means you either have an iassemby or iparts are being used in that model. Check again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 17
JimSteinmeyer
in reply to: mcgyvr

patvenetucci, look in the top position of your browser of the part you are working on. I would expect there to be a checkerboard icon and the term Table there. This indicates that you have a part that has been made into an Ipart. This is essentually multipul parts linked in a table form. You may have to open each of the parts in the table and regenerate them.

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
Message 6 of 17
RSNewton59
in reply to: JimSteinmeyer

It's a lot easier than I thought. 
In the browser, expand the table folder so that all the iparts are visible, select the part you want a drawing of and using the secondary mouse button 2MB (I'm left handed so I say this to clarify) select generate files.
Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 17

Are you maybe using Factory Design utilities in Inventor? I assume the DWG it is talking about is the "Open in AutoCAD" option which is creating a DWG from the Inventor factory.

If this is the case the question is probably better suited in this section https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/factory-design-utilities-forum/bd-p/510 

But I think the button you would then be looking for is below? I am not sure I have had the exact error before but it sounded like the same error. I could be way off though

Jonathan_0-1660034013890.png

If this solves your issue please mark this posting with the "ACCEPT SOLUTION".
If you like something that was said or if it was helpful, Likes are appreciated. Thanks!
Message 8 of 17
RSNewton59
in reply to: JonathanKruger

I was assuming he was using 'factory' in ipart creation as I got the same message when trying to create 'correct' DIN 835 studsScreenshot 2022-08-09 095101.jpg

Message 9 of 17
RSNewton59

Unfortuneately I'm a decade late to the party on this one!

Message 10 of 17
JonathanKruger
in reply to: RSNewton59

I may be completely wrong but with his statement about not having iassembles made me think it was specific to factory add-in, I think without a screenshot of screencast we are all kind of guessing. Let's see if he could maybe post a video of his issue?

If you like something that was said or if it was helpful, Likes are appreciated. Thanks!
Message 11 of 17
RSNewton59

Indeed, it may be me that is wrong.
'Factory' is a bit of a silly name for the Inventor thing.

Message 12 of 17
CGBenner

@JonathanKruger wrote:

I may be completely wrong but with his statement about not having iassembles made me think it was specific to factory add-in, I think without a screenshot of screencast we are all kind of guessing. Let's see if he could maybe post a video of his issue?

@JonathanKruger The original post was ten years ago.  I would assume that by now the original poster has moved on.  Thank you for offering your assistance!  🙂

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 13 of 17
RSNewton59
in reply to: CGBenner

@CGBenner 

I noticed that the OP was ten years ago, but it was the only thing that came up in my search, so on that basis I think it was relevant to reply to it - especially as I had found a solution.
How I wish the Autodesk help facility was more helpful!

Message 14 of 17
JonathanKruger
in reply to: CGBenner

LOL, I did not see the original date it was posted but I am sure this issue is not a problem anymore for the OP. Thanks for the heads up.

Message 15 of 17
CGBenner

@JonathanKruger 

Thank YOU for responding (even if it's late)... I sure HOPE the OP has found an answer by now!  😂

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 16 of 17

Hello RSNEWTON59. What did you do to resolve this problem:

rajesh_arulnesan_0-1682069782269.jpeg

Message 17 of 17

Hi Rajesh,

The warning message means the iPart factory file isn't up-to-date. Please open the iPart factory file -> Update or go to Manage -> Rebuild All. Does it work better then?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums