Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Assets

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
NoName1990
259 Views, 3 Replies

Factory Assets

Hi,

I have a product design suite.

As a one of project I need to plan a production line.

I have looked into the factory design suite. But I noticed that the planning of the factory there is done in Inventor.

As I already have Inventor the question is whether I can find the same functions in my current inventor.

I was told from customer support that inventor in the product design suite and the factory design suite are the same.....

But I can´t find the same functions in my inventor.

I am speaking about the functions shown in the overview video: http://www.autodesk.de/suites/factory-design-suite/overview at 0:47 minute. For example the factory assets etc.

Could somebody help me to find these functions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: NoName1990

Hi!

The Inventor is the same in both suites regarding normal modeling functions, but Inventor present in Factory Suite is sligty different because it has some add-ins.(Factory Design Tools).
I think you can't install these add-ins in Inventor (and Autocad).

If you are planning to do more layouts, think about change the suite: Product Design Suite to Factory Design Suite. You will have also Autocad Architectural and Navisworks to help you with the building issues. I think you will not have to pay so much to do this change. Contact your reseller.

You will loose: Alias Design and in case of premium, the inventor it's not professional (only in Ultimate Package).
You will add: Autocad Architectural, Navisworks, Factory Design Tools.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
NoName1990
in reply to: CCarreiras

Can I somehow add the functions?

For example as an upgrade or so?

Because I mainly need the product design suite. I just need the factory tools for one project.

Message 4 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: NoName1990

Hi!

No, you can't add the Factory design tools. You can try to find the assets in the web, but functions like parametric changes, or snap functions are disable, you have to work with your tools like a normal assembly.

But, a question... What do you need in "Product Design Suite" that doesn't exist in "Factory Design Suite"?

Also, you can install a Trial version for 30 days and complete your project.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums