Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

face sketch

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
simon_toaldo
936 Views, 7 Replies

face sketch

I created a round face for use in a pressure gauge.I am not using a Decal for the face but instead want to use a sketch/sketches to show all the numbers,increments etc..etc..

From the picture/file supplied how do i do the following

1. Use a sketch/sketches to display all the features for the gauge face.I used a sketch but it has the construction lines still visible

2. Make the line thickness larger and the color RED

3. How do i fill in the squares with solid color ( where the numbers go around the face)

Is there a much more better way then what i have suggested.....is this how you would create the face features if not using Decal

Kind Regards

Simon

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
nannerdw
in reply to: simon_toaldo

You could extrude it by a very small amount (text, too), and change the color of the extruded feature through its properties menu.

Message 3 of 8
simon_toaldo

Thanks

Can this be done with sketches also....I would somehow prefer to sketch all the face identities

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
JDMather

@simon_toaldo wrote:

Thanks

Can this be done with sketches also....I would somehow prefer to sketch all the face identities

Thanks

See attached.
How is it done on the real part?

I might use sketch to Split the faces and then change the color Properties of the faces.  This will leave everything flush without creating tiny extrusions - but would be a bit more work as text would need to be sketched.

You could change the sketch Properties, but that doesn't take care of the "fill" unless the line thickness meets.

As far as construction line visibility you could Project Geometry only the desired lines to a new sketch and turn off visibility of the generating sketch and then change the Properties of the lines. 

Properties.JPG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
simon_toaldo

Thank you

I now try sketch and use Extrude....Please see sketch as i used a circular pattern but for some reason the sketch does not lign up..i use 10 features at 320 degrees...why does this not pattern correctly

Thanks

Simon

Message 6 of 8
JDMather

I don't use Sketch Patterns where Feature Patterns would be more efficient.

(Edit your Sketch8 then Right Mouse Button > Show All Constraints.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
simon_toaldo

Would you recommend i do the sketch/extrusion ffor the circle shape and then start new sketch for the increment ,extrude and then use Feature Patttern for 10 increments

Message 8 of 8
simon_toaldo

I did use the sketch/extrude feature followed by sketch/extrusion/circular pattern....On the circular pattern i used 10 increments @ 300 degrees....why does the 10th increment not line up at the 10th position...have i got the maths wrong?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report