Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face Cam Model

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
359 Views, 6 Replies

Face Cam Model

Anyone have any ideas about how to best model a face cam in inventor?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

>Anyone have any ideas

Yes, I have several ideas on techniques to do this. Can you zip and attach what you have so far?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Sorry, I have nothing so far except a cylinder with a hole in it. I realized immediately that this was beyond my level of expertise.
Message 4 of 7
JDMather

What release of Inventor are you using? Do you have an specifications for the cam?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

For now lets say it's a sinusoidal lift which occurs 6 times per revolution, though the shape of the curve will likely vary based on different requirements for the system.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I'm sorry--inventor 2009
Message 7 of 7
JDMather

Take a look at this tutorial http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/Inventor%20Tutorials/Inventor%2011%20Tutorial%2011.pdf
from your description I suspect you are looking for only one side rather than the groove. There is an easier method using the guide surface sweep, but I don't have an example of that on hand at this time. Be very very careful that you get the correct geometry - I tried when the guide surface sweep feature became available but was not able to get what I wanted. Later a Desker posted a solution here that appeared correct but I haven't had time to investigate the solution to re-write the tutorial.
Also, if you have Inventor Professional there is an alternate method using Dynamic Simulation. I can post the link to that solution if you have DS.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report