Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F7 type function in Assembly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
NachitoMax
3059 Views, 6 Replies

F7 type function in Assembly

Hi

when creating a part in .ipt, you can press F7 to remove everything forward of the plane that you are sketching on. Is there a similar function when you create a part in an assembly that removes everything up to the sketch plane?

Thanks

Nigel

Nacho

Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: NachitoMax

First F7 works to "slice graphics" the part in an assembly mode just like in a part..

and then tools..application options..display tab.. inactive component appearance section... set %opaque to 25% or whatever you like..

That should be sufficient...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
NachitoMax
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi

Yes but F7 doesnt behave the same when you are in the edit mode of a part. I know about the opacity but it doesnt really work in the same manner. Its ok making the whole assembly opaque but you still have the layers and opaque objects in front of the sketch plane

Thanks

Nigel

Nacho

Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 7
mcgyvr

There isn't a way that I know of to have F7 slice ALL graphics when in assembly mode..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 5 of 7
cwhetten

What about this?  Will it work for you?

Section View Tool.png

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: cwhetten

yeah I "assumed" he already knew about section views... but we all know what happens there..

F7 slicing ALL graphics when in an iam would be a decent feature or at least a good application option to have...

Message 7 of 7
azavCWEHG

Tools, Application Options, Assembly, mark-Sections all parts. restart Inventor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report