Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXTRUDE DOES NOT WORK - NEED HELP

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
hiandy22
1053 Views, 8 Replies

EXTRUDE DOES NOT WORK - NEED HELP

Hi All,

My name is Hiandy and I am using Inventor 2014.

I have a situation with "extrude feature". Please take a look to those attached files. There are 3 beams and each has length 2000 mm. I want to extrude through all beams. But failed.

My questions is why I can not do the extrude from beam 4A to beam 4B in an assembly environment?

I would really appreciate for your help.

Thank you.

Regards,

Hiandy

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
admaiora
in reply to: hiandy22

Hi Hiandy,

try just using the option Join, an choosing an extent solution correct for you ("to" for example).

I hope that it can helps you.

12.jpg

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 9
JDMather

Why are there 3 different parts? Aren't at least two of them the same?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 9
hiandy22
in reply to: admaiora

Hi Admaiora,

Thank you for you reply. I will try first your advice. Hope it will give what I want.

Regards,

Hiandy

Message 5 of 9
JDMather

@hiandy22 wrote:

Hi Admaiora,

Thank you for you reply. I will try first your advice. Hope it will give what I want.

Regards,

Hiandy

How can that logically work?

The Extrude-cut is in part BEAM 4A, at the part level, not the assembly level. 

If you walk out to the shop floor and cut one part the cut does not cut another part unless it is done at the assembly level.

You have to use the same logic as the real world.

If you want this to be three instances of an identical part - place 3 instances.

If you want to cut all three after they are assembled - then cut in the Inventor assembly after they are assembled.

If you want the cut before they are assembled - then you already have that - simply place two more instances.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 9
hiandy22
in reply to: JDMather

Hi JDMather,

Thank you for your response. Let me see whether I can understand and follow your advice.

See you later.

Regards,

Hiandy

Message 7 of 9
hiandy22

Hi JDMather,

I still can not get the extrude (cut) from end to end of all 3 beams. I already followed your instruction: to do it in assembly environment after assembly. What I did was to create a sketch on the face but I could not apply 'Project Cut Edges' to that face (see the attached file).

Will you help me by showing ways or methods (step by step) of how to 'cut' (extrude) those all three beams at a time.

Thank you.

Regards,

Hiandy

Message 8 of 9
JDMather

@hiandy22 wrote:

Hi JDMather,

I could not apply 'Project Cut Edges' to that face (see the attached file).

Regards,

Hiandy

There is no logical reason to "Project Cut Edges".  I am confused about where you got that instruction?

I did not open your *.doc file to see an image you could have attached directly here.

Message 9 of 9
hiandy22

HI JDMather,

Thank you for your reply. Applying "Project Cut Edges" is not part of your instructions. It was my move which I thought it could be able to execute "Extrude"feature in assembly environment (this part is from your instruction).

If you said that "Project Cut Edges" is not a logical reason thing to achieve what I want, then as previously requested, would you kindly let me know how to cut ('extrude') all three beams in an assembly environment?

Please find all related files on attachment.

Awaiting to your reply.

Thank you.

Regards,

Hiandy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report