Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrude Distance Tolerance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
835 Views, 3 Replies

Extrude Distance Tolerance

I usually apply my tolerances by right-clicking on the dimension in the sketch and choosing "Tolerance". Sometimes when I extrude a profile, I want to add a tolerance to the depth (see attached). The is no "Tolerance" available in this context menu. How do I get the tolerance to be brought over to the idw without this feature? Would be nice if it was added in (wish lilst item). Kirk -- Inventor R8 Dell 4550 WinXP Pro P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G Quadro 900 XGL nVidia v6.14.10.4403 1280x1024, 32 bit
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you get it if after extruding, you Show dimensions, and highlight the depth there, then select Dimension Properties, you can set the tolerance there.

I just tried it and it works on my end

Al
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks Al, works here too. I don't like the hoops that I have to go through to do this. It should be in the context menu when I enter the depth. "AlEtzkorn" wrote in message news:6119499.1073571641859.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Can you get it if after extruding, you Show dimensions, and highlight the depth there, then select Dimension Properties, you can set the tolerance there. > > I just tried it and it works on my end > > Al
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I agree with you there....then more designers/engineers might add the tolerance in the model, rather than in the drawing.

Glad I could help....always nice to give back when other help me so much.

Al

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report