Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting IDW Dimensions to Inspection Sheet

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jamesaberdeen73
1008 Views, 4 Replies

Extracting IDW Dimensions to Inspection Sheet

I would like to create an component inspection sheet as a second sheet on an Inventor IDW file. This is a sheet that lists all the dimensions on an engineering drawing.

Is there any way I can automatically extract / list dimensions from the enginnering drawing sheet and display them on the
inspection sheet.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Me too!

Message 3 of 5
t_hutns
in reply to: oneshortplanck

Hello,

This is similar problem as in your previous post - Exporting to FAI Report. There is no command that can do that but it is possible to achieve this using some sort of script as described in Exporting to FAI Report. You can export list of dimensions to csv file and then create general table using exported csv file on separate sheet. To update table with dimension you need to re-export dimensions to csv file again.

Hope this helps

Stanislav Hutnan
Inventor Development
Autodesk

Message 4 of 5
raja_sabnis
in reply to: t_hutns

I just found out about a product called SolidWorks Inspection and it seems it works with other softwares than SolidWorks too.  Does Autodesk have anything close to that?  I think most users can find use for it!

Message 5 of 5
jswitze
in reply to: jamesaberdeen73

We would also like a product that works like Solidworks Inspection for Inventor.  You can use Ideagen inspection to pull dimension off of a PDF but it uses OCR which isn't very reliable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report