Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension Spring

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
morini
641 Views, 8 Replies

Extension Spring

Hello,

I want to know if there is any possibility to have this extension spring adaptive?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: morini

I am sure it could be (if modeled correctly) - but it would be far easier to Animate a Parameter in Inventor Studio.

Can you explain your design intent?

Do you really need to drag with mouse, or would Studio animation suffice?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 9
CCarreiras

Hi!

You will find tons of examples in this forum, just search for spring.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/How-to-make-a-spring-move/m-p/5130626#M513968

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
CCarreiras

Hi!

Yes, is possible.

Clipboard12.pngClipboard13.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
pcrawley
in reply to: CCarreiras

Love your response CarlosC 🙂

And if the OP had written "I want to know if there is any possibility to have this extension spring adaptive and if so, how?" - would your answer have been slightly more than "Yes, is possible." ?

Peter
Message 6 of 9
CCarreiras
in reply to: pcrawley

Hi!

Of course!!! There's a link above to show how!!! There's tons of post about it!!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
morini

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that I have not generate the extension spring with the "extension spring component generator". I draw a spring and than I draw the two edges, because with the component generator I never got the spring I wanted.

Message 8 of 9
CCarreiras

Hi!

Look again the images... there's a "custom" spring, modeled with a 3D coil and a Sweep, with some more features in the start and end (like yours)

With a component generator you can´t have this "adaptative spring.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
morini

Sorry because I never use component generator I didn' know it was not generate by component generator.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report